I was drawing clowns in my sketchbook this weekend with a Stabilo “All” pencil. I have heard good things about this pencil and so I wanted to try it out.
I decided to try “printing” watercolors on top of my drawings with a small Gelli plate and watercolors. Here are my supplies:
I experimented with watercolors first by applying 1-3 colors to my Gelli plate and then pressing it randomly on the clown face:
I liked how the pencil bled with the paints. It was spontaneous FUNZA! So I tried some gouache paints:
I experimented on 140 lb cold press and hot press paper. The last one I tried to create some emotion to my sad clown:
I like how the paint adds depth to the clown faces and hope to play more with this technique. I’d love to hear what you think!
Happy Experimenting! 🙂