I decided since the temperatures have been so HOT here – into the 90’s – that it was time we all had an ice cream cone! 😉
Well, since I’m lactose intolerant and can’t eat REAL ice cream, I decided to create some mixed media cones to share with you!
Can you name each “flavor” of art medium I used? (Answers below)
1. The scoop – a color copy of a doodle I did previously with color pencils in 2015. Cone is watercolor painted paper from an online class I took with Cat Bennett. I used a patterned piece of tissue paper and a white charcoal pencil over it.
2. The scoop – paper printed with acrylics on a Gelli plate. Cone is from old sheet music that lists names of songs – added bonus – “summer” is part of name for one song. Color pencil to create cone pattern.
3. The scoop – old map that I gelli-printed. Cone shape is cut from a paint sample card. (Note: Bears on my mind after two people encountered them at the lake within the last week! Buy bear spray!)
4. The scoop – old book page that I painted with watercolor. Cone is scrapbook paper that looks like cork board.
5. The scoop – scrapbook paper that was cut using a circle stencil. I cut part of the circle to create this shape. Cone is gelli-printed paper I did on deli paper.
I hope you enjoyed guessing these “flavors” of fun!