I haven’t printed with my Gelli-plate in awhile so I decided to take out my 5×7 inch plate the other day.
I wanted to experiment combining colored inks with fluid acrylics. I also added an acrylic glazing liquid.
I recorded my colors in my art journal with a pencil drawing of my paint and ink containers:
I started by printing some Ginko leaves. I normally add the paints directly to the Gelli-plate and mix them with my brayer but it wasn’t working so well with the inks so I started using a paper plate to mix them.
When the brand name logo of the paper plate started showing up on my leaf prints as you can see in the photo above, I decided to use a plastic paint palette.
The paint palette had left over acrylic paint on it but I discovered the uneven surface gave an amazing print:
It is always fun when printing imperfections lead to wonderful new ideas!
I took a 3/4 inch square punch of each of my prints and glued them in my art journal:
Now I have an idea for my October Square-A-Day project! I can’t wait to show you.