I had fun adding some collage papers to my faces I posted yesterday…
I used my gelli-printed deli papers, a little scrapbook paper and some features from magazines.
Here are my favorites with a caption under the pictures:
You say what?!
Hope these give you a smile today!
Posted in collage papers, Drawing, Faces, Humor, Uncategorized
Tagged creative play, drawing, drawing faces, faces, fun, humor, imagination, inspiration, making faces, mixed media collage, paper collage, smile
One of the assignments in Lynn Whipple’s online class, “Making Faces” is to draw half of your own face.
Here I am – wrinkles and all after a long day working at the office:
Lucky for me, we got to order pizza for dinner! YAY! 😉
This was a really fun assignment and I encourage you to give it a try! This is how I did it:
- Take a piece of inexpensive paper (then you won’t feel like you are wasting it).
- Stand in front of the mirror with your piece of paper and a pencil.
- Decide where the top of your head is on your paper and make a mark.
- Mark in pencil where the following is on your paper (next to your face): Eye, eyebrow, nose, ear, lips and chin. Now, loosely draw these features with a light touch while holding the paper up to your face.
- Once you get an idea where the lines need to be, make stronger lines, erase as needed. Keep checking with your face in a mirror.
I found this exercise extremely helpful in understanding the layout of a face better.
Happy Drawing – Cheers! 🙂
Posted in Drawing, Faces, Uncategorized
Tagged drawing, faces, half a portrait, happy, Learning to draw, making faces, online art classes, pencil sketch, selfie