I wanted to show you the collage materials that went into making my weird bird from yesterday:
Did you guess ALL 10 materials? Well, if not, let me help you out!
- I started my bird collage with a word from this children’s dictionary for my bird’s body. It started me thinking about a sewing theme.
2. I altered pages from this old sewing book with acrylics before using it as part of the bird’s tail and nest materials.
3. I color copied a doodle I did previously and cut it up for my bird’s hat.
4. I used my gelli-printed deli papers for my bird’s head, wing and nest materials.
5. A paint sample card for the bird’s eye but I didn’t like the yellow color so I turned it over and used the other side with the bar code!
6. An old button was perfect for the top of the hat.
7. A sequin for the eye.
8. Old sheet music that I gelli-printed for the base of the nest.
9. Swedish Tracing Paper that I had gelli-printed a feather stencil – this tracing paper feels more like a fabric. It is a super fun material to collage with BTW! I think I purchased it on Amazon. It comes in a large roll. I used it under the bird’s body for the nest.
10. Tissue from an old dress pattern was used over the sheet music for the nest – a fun element of surprise. 😉
I usually use a glue stick to glue everything down and outline my bird with pencil to give it a little dimension.
I hope you enjoyed seeing the FUN I put into this BEST Dressed Bird!